- This event has passed.
Annual Canoe Trip | Ontario
August 13, 2015 @ 5:30 pm - August 16, 2015 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
WHAT: CIM Annual Canoe Trip
WHERE: Ontario (Algonquin Area) – Route TBA
WHEN: Thursday August 13 – Sunday August 16, 2015
WHO: Adults (19+) with Type 1 diabetes
Looking to get out on the water, paddle in hand for a weekend? Want to meet some other Adults with T1 diabetes, share experiences, pick up some tips and tricks for living a healthy life with Type 1? Join us for the 6th Annual CIM Canoe Trip. This year’s Annual trip will cater to a wide range of skill levels and experience, but will be very limited in space. In order to keep our guide/tripper ratio low and to abide by the rules and regulations of Ontario Parks, we will be able to take no more than 14 participants. Need some canoeing tips? No problem! Basic skill instruction opportunities can be provided on the Thursday pre-trip – Let us know if you are interested!
WHERE ARE WE GOING? More details coming soon – We’ll let you know as soon as the Ontario Parks system opens for bookings!
- Camping Permits (Thursday through Sunday)
- All meals and Snacks (Thursday evening snack through Sunday Lunch)
- Group Equipment (Tents, Cooking Equipment, Canoes, Paddles, PFDs, etc)
- All Trip-Specific Programming
- Canoe Tripping Lessons, Tips and Tricks
- Certified Guides
What is NOT included?
- Personal gear (sleeping bags, sleeping pads… your own clothing?)
- Transportation to and from the starting point (Although we will help coordinate carpooling!)
- Diabetes Supplies
- Parking Permits