WHAT: Type 1 Backpacking Trek
WHERE: Garibaldi Provincial Park, British Columbia
WHEN: July 23 – July 26, 2015
WHO: Adults (19+) with Type 1 diabetes
Looking to take your diabetes on an adventure. Mark your calendars! CIM is heading back into the mountains and we’d love to have you along for the hike!
This program is open to adults, 19+, with Type 1 diabetes. Moderate fitness and previous hiking experience is necessary, although if this is your first hiking experience – no worries! We’d love to teach you more!
This trip will involve base camping at Garibaldi Lake campground and day tripping as a group to the take in the stunning views of Garibaldi, including Black Tusk and Panorama Ridge. This will be CIM’s second time hiking in Garibaldi – Check out the photos from our first trip in 2010!
– Camping Permits (Thursday through Sunday)
– All Meals and Snacks (Thursday Lunch through Sunday Lunch)
– Group Camping Gear (Tents, Stoves, Cooking Gear, Maps, etc.)
– Certified Wilderness Guides
– Experiential Diabetes Education Programming
– Emergency Supplies + Gear (diabetes, first aid, and otherwise!)
What’s Not Included
– Transportation to and from Garibaldi Provincial Park (but we can help with carpooling!)
– Personal Camping Gear (Sleeping bags, Sleeping Pads, Day Packs, etc – Although we can help with any of this, if needed!)
– Personal diabetes supplies
CIM is trialing a new Tiered Registration System. We never want finances to stop someone from participating in our programs. At CIM, we work hard to fundraise to cover our operating costs, allowing us to subsidize the cost of CIM programming to our participants. In an attempt to be totally transparent and to help the community understand our dollars and cents, our Tiered Registration System will allow you to choose the registration price that works best for you, including subsidized and fundraising options. No matter which path you choose to take to pay for your participation, your experience will be the same (and your choice will remain confidential!)
**A non-refundable deposit of $100 due at the time of registration
**Still not able to swing it, but interested in joining us? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Garibaldi’ in the subject line and we’ll see what magic we can work!